Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 09:05:40 +0100
From: Major Malfunction <majormal@...ate-radio.org>
To: dc4420@...420.org, full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,
  bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: DC4420 - London DEFCON - April meet - Tuesday 23rd April 2013

Whether you're coming to town next week for London Infosec or BSides, or
you're in the smoke anyway, come and join us for what is normally our
busiest and most entertaining night of the year...

This time should be no exception: we have managed to retain our normal
venue - The Phoenix - and we have a single speaker giving us a full hour
'fun' talk, leaving us plenty of time for, well, you know the score...

Primary Speaker:

   Kev Sheldrake - Head Hacking

Title:

   "Social Engineering Lies!"

Synopsis:

   Social engineering is the practice of gaining unauthorised access to
something, typically only using human interaction to do so.  NLP is a
pseudo-scientific psychological paradigm for modelling excellence and
creating hypnotic change.  Hypnosis is the process through which
hypnotic subjects take and act upon suggestions.  It is possible to
apply NLP and hypnosis to social engineering.  Or so people would tell you.

   This talk will tell you different.  Featuring lots of swearing and
optional audience participation, I'll explain the hypnotist's
perspective on 'covert hypnosis' and NLP.  I'm a hypnotist, but I
promise not to hypnotise anyone at the event.

~~

Secondary Speaker:

   The Bar Staff

Title:

   "Buy Major a beer"

Synopsis:

   Now you've been lied to by the primary speaker, you will buy Major a
beer.

***

Venue:

   The Phoenix, Cavendish Square

   http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/

   Tuesday 23rd April, 2013

Time:

   17:30 till kicking out - talk starts at 19:30

See you there!

   http://dc4420.org

cheers,
MM
--
"In DEFCON, we have no names..." errr... well, we do... but silly ones...