Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 16:09:42 +1000
From: Patrick Webster <patrick@...security.com.au>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Lotus Protector for Mail Security remote code execution

https://www.osisecurity.com.au/lotus-protector-for-mail-security-remote-code-execution.html

Date:
09-Nov-2012

Product:
Lotus Mail Encryption Server 2.1.0.1 (Protector for Mail)

Vulnerability:
Local File Inclusion to Remote Code Execution

Details:
There is local file inclusion vulnerability in
the Lotus Mail Encryption Server (Protector for Mail Encryption)
administration setup interface. The index.php file uses an unsafe include()
where an unauthenticated remote user may read (traversal) arbitrary
file contents.
By abusing a second bug within Lotus, we can inject our payload
into a known location and call it via the LFI to gain remote code execution.
Version 2.1.0.1 Build(88.3.0.1.4323) is known to be vulnerable.
You may need to set DATE in the format YYYY-MM-DD to get this working,
where the remote host and metasploit instance have UTC timezone differences.

Exploit:
https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/35588/

Credit:
Discovered by Patrick Webster

Disclosure timeline:
09-Nov-2012 - Exploit released.
04-Apr-2017 - Public advisory.

About OSI Security:

OSI Security is an independent network and computer security auditing
and consulting company based in Sydney, Australia. We provide internal
and external penetration testing, vulnerability auditing and wireless
site audits, vendor product assessments, secure network design,
forensics and risk mitigation services.

We can be found at http://www.osisecurity.com.au/