Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 16:06:59 +0200
From: "Securify B.V." <lists@...urify.nl>
To: bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Authentication bypass vulnerability in Western Digital My Cloud
 allows escalation to admin privileges

Authentication bypass vulnerability in Western Digital My Cloud allows
escalation to admin privileges
Remco Vermeulen, April 2017

Abstract
It was discovered that the Western Digital My Cloud is affected by an
authentication bypass vulnerability. An unauthenticated attacker can
exploit this vulnerability to authenticate as an admin user without
needing to provide a password, thereby gaining full control of the My
Cloud device.

Tested versions
This vulnerability was successfully verified on a Western Digital My
Cloud model WDBCTL0020HWT running firmware version 2.21.126. This issue
is not limited to the model that was used to find this vulnerability
since most of the products in the My Cloud series share the same
(vulnerable) code.

Fix