From: lupe at lupe-christoph.de (Lupe Christoph)

On Thursday, 2002-07-11 at 13:10:29 -0500, Ron DuFresne wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Marc Slemko wrote:

> > BTW, spewing "[full-disclosure]" into the subject line is a very annoying
> > thing for a list to do.

> Actually, it makes it quite easy for procmail recipies and certain mail
> readers to filter and categorize the messages.  What gets annoying is when
> there's a ton of html crap preceeding messages, or those folks spewing
> vactions into the lists.  Not to mention those danged content filters that
> are set to prevent folks from being offended by words like damn...

My procmail recipe, which does not use the Subject: line:

:0:

I prefer to use List-Id because the list might change the insertion
of the list tag in the SUbject: line, but List-Id: is generated by
the list software which normally changes very infrequently.

Lupe Christoph

PS: Since I file each mailing list in a separate file, I find the
    list name tag in the Subject: line redundant.
--
| lupe@...e-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |