From: pmeunier at cerias.purdue.edu (Pascal Meunier)
Subject: VulnWatch.Org Release

At 10:54 PM -0400 8/1/02, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, hellNbak wrote:
>
>>  So do you really have something to critisize about or are you just going
>>  to continue on with the personal attack garbage that really gets nowhere?
>>  If you truly have a valid concern of critisizm please feel free to email
>>  me OFF LIST and we can discuss it.
>
>I second that motion. All this cross posting is giving me a headache.
>Things are bad enough as it is. Please grind all personal axes in private.
>
>That being said, I wouldn't just lump vuln-watch in the same category as
>bugtraq or full-disclosure. It seems to me that the folks running it have
>something entirely different in mind. Rather than being the catch-all that
>bugtraq has become, they have stated that their intent is to discuss the
>vulnerability...period. IMHO, that's a good thing.

Good point -- please send me directly any opinions about my question
(copied below), if you have any, and not to the list.  I don't want
to get people more annoyed than they already are if I can avoid it.

thank you,
Pascal

  Should CERIAS make its cooperative vulnerability database open
source and provide database dumps (excluding the entries that are
still under review), e.g., in mysql format?

--
Pascal Meunier, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Assistant Research Scientist,