From: hellnbak at nmrc.org (hellNbak)
Subject: An urgent warning to all concerning ~el8 /
 project mayhem (fwd)

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Ron DuFresne wrote:

> That, and the article you quoted, or linked, and the number of comments
> quoted there by others in the industry.  The two brighter sec-industry
> folks, Theo de Raadt and Shane Macaulay, at least would not comment on the
> childish antics of these mini-terrorist-wanna-bes.

Article that *I* quoted and linked?  I wasn't aware that I had quoted or
linked to any article.  Theo and Shane chose to not comment because they
were owned by these guys -- that makes them bright?  What does that tell
you when they own "two brighter sec-industry folks"?  I wasn't commenting
on their childish antics, I was asked if I was scared of the anti-white
hat threats being made and my answer was pretty much "No, this is nothing
different and the only thing that has changed is that these guys are not
script kiddies.

> Well, there's feeding into their own mania for one.  The old I wanna see
> my name in lights and posted all over the place acknowledging my l33tn355.

So why don't they deface web sites like every other kiddie who wants to
see their names in lights?

> Better that if you have names, they be spilled to the proper authorities
> to bring these lamers to the knees of the justice system.  Hopefully you
> are not enabling them with some other childish whim of 'not telling' on
> your peers for sure.  Certainly avoid feeding their limited egos, be part
> of a concerted effort to end their tantrums in the halls of the legal
> system, and make their lives as tough as possible to persist in these
> rantings.

Now you are just making random acusations based on paranoid delusions and
the mania being created by these clowns.  Withholding their names?  I
don't think I ever claimed to know their real names, although it wouldn't
be hard to find out as already multiple people have posted their names all
over the place using anonymous emailers.  I am sure the authorities would
have no problem finding out who these guys really are -- if they wanted
to.

Why does it offend to hear that these aren't your normal script kiddies?
If anything, it is you that is feeding into their cause by being so scared
that you wish that no one would talk about them.

"I don't intend to offend, I offend with my intent"

hellNbak@...c.org
http://www.nmrc.org/~hellnbak