From: benfell at greybeard95a.com (David Benfell)
Subject: A PHC PRODUCTION: THE REAL SCRIPTKIDDIES

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:30:46 -0700, auto461723@...hmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone find it strange that the talentless scriptkiddy Ron DuFresne is
> banging on about "kids this" and "kids that"? I certainly do. This clueless
> moron is in no position to speak down on or scold those he obviously knows
> nothing about.

Speaking only for myself, I don't call them kids on account of my
ability (or lack thereof) to evaluate their competence.

I call them children because they're behaving that way, throwing
temper tantrums, posting porn, and generally displaying the mentality
of 12-year olds.

I call them children because they think they're being clever hiding
behind anonymizing e-mail accounts while invoking images of massive
forces of darkness advancing on civilization, presumably to the tune
of Heavy Metal (or whatever the modern equivalent is).

It doesn't take any technical competence whatsoever to do these
things.  It certainly doesn't require any of the study that
auto461723@...hmail.com asks if we have done.

Okay, I haven't studied all that material and I don't foresee doing
so.  But citing it is not the same as studying it or being able to
discuss it intelligently.  And I would not imply that I could by
asserting that others have not.

Instead, as my black list grows, now all I see is pseudo-intellectual
attempts to rationalize the "phrack" position.  So the massive forces
of darkness advancing on civilization imagine themselves blessed by
righteousness.

The first twenty years of a person's life might, if productively used,
be spent learning to think.  It is evident to me that the "phrack"
children have not yet completed this process.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell@...ts-unknown.org