From: steve at entrenchtech.com (Steve  Manzuik)
Subject: HP Full Disclosure Story

How can you argue that?  If there was a standard disclosure procedure that the majority of researchers and vendors agreed to something like this would either a.) never happen or b.) get thrown out of court in a massive PR nightmare for the vendor invovled.

Right now, with no formal process that vendors in general adhere to HP can make a case of it.  If a process was in place we would have real world precedence and a proven best practice -- meaning HP would lose in court and the door for EVERYONE to start suing vendors would start to open.