From: Ken at infosec101.org (Ken Pfeil)
Subject: FW: [Fwd: Legal Notification]

Yep,
Another hoax...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dorsey Morrow, CISSP [mailto:dmorrow@...2.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 10:05 AM
To: Ken@...oSec101.org
Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] [Fwd: Legal Notification]

Ken,

The e-mail you received is nothing more than a hoax.  While the "FROM:"
box shows it comes from our organization, if you look at the IP header
information, you will see that it does not come from our organization.
None of the e-mail is true.  We do not have any personal information on
anyone except those who are members of our organization, and we
certainly do not keep any form of financial information.  In fact,
unless you are a member of our organization, we do not even have your
contact information.  We have determined that the e-mails used to
further this hoax were gathered from various websites and spam lists.

Regrettably, it is easy to "spoof" someone on the Internet.  It is very
easy for an e-mail message to appear to come from President Bush or Bill
Gates, when indeed they did not.  That is the case here.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this might have caused
you.  We are doing everything in our powers to determine who is doing
this.

Best regards,

Dorsey Morrow, CISSP
(ISC)? General Counsel