From: johnc at grok.org.uk (John Cartwright)
Subject: List Charter

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:05:54AM -0400, Riad S. Wahby wrote:
> John Cartwright <johnc@...k.org.uk> wrote:
> > The [Full-Disclosure] list is unmoderated. Typically posting will be
> > restricted to members only, however the administrators may choose to
> > accept submissions from non-members based on individual merit and
> > relevance.
>
> Are anonymous remailers among those not subscribed but allowed to
> post?  In some cases it might become necessary to post anonymously, so
> allowing posting from the exit addresses of well-known remailers would
> be useful.

Riad,

Good question - obviously the fact that an anonymous remailer is in use
prevents subscription in the traditional manner, however this is an
example of where Len and I can use our discretion in allowing these posts
whilst maintaining protection from spammers using the same address. Our
policy is to restrict posting to the list wherever possible, this is clearly
one of the exceptions to that rule.

Cheers
- John