From: halbasus at go.ro (HalbaSus)
Subject: RE: remote kernel exploits?

If this group of coders el8 (yes, I heard about them before - I remember
somebody got the wu-ftpd 2.6.2 exploit from them a few weeks before it was
released) would have such type of exploits than it's only a mather of weeks
before it's gonna show up.

Since they're underground they're probably not looking for money but fame (if
they really want to steal cc information all they have to do is search google
for orders.dbf cart32.exe and God knows what other insecure webcart
releases.). So if they're looking for fame they will probably release in a
few weeks or so some kind of exploit (with something like "worship us 'cauze
we are the gods of coding" in the coments).

Yes, it's true that a kernel exploit would pass firewalls because 99% of
firewalls are based on kernel. But i don't think that it would be the end of
the world. Because the reason we love open-source is the speed of patching
it. And if it's gonna be an exploit, there's certanly gonna be a patch for
it. Apache, OpenSSH, OpenSSL are all widespread services yet they all have
been vulnerable... we survived. We're still here... my server's are still not
compromised... So have no fear cause "In open-source we trust"