From: silvio at big.net.au (silvio@....net.au)
Subject: ALERT ALERT ALERT! google under attack ALERT ALERT ALERT!

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:33:25AM -0700, Conrad Heiney wrote:
> TDC eq "Texas Department of Corrections" eq jail. Wow, 16 years. That's,
> um, bad.
>
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 11:08:32AM +0200, Thor Larholm wrote:
>
> > I'm not from the states so maybe someone else can explain to me what the
> > abbreviation TDC in "Punishment: 16 Years TDC" stands for?
>
> --
> Conrad Heiney
> conrad@...ngehead.org
> http://fringehead.org
> ----------
>
> GO AND TELL ENGLAND THAT SCOTLAND IS RESISTANT TO STAINS!

man.. I should tell you about the guy whome I found in my apartment building
one day (it was some wine testing event for my building), claiming that he
knew me etc..

A few days earlier, i was on irc, and some random guy msg's me saying
he'll meet me in a day or two. (i'm thinking wtf is this guy and ignore)

I've still yet to know wtf that guy was..

btw.. he "apparently" knew some friends of mine.. he came into my apartment,
he ate dinner with myself and other friends..  he hugged me for fucks
sake! heh

he abused this waitress at a restaurant who refused to serve afterwards (in
fact, she just never came back.. only the management then)..  he was spilling
wine and trying to take bottles, from this wine event.  etc etc.

now.. THAT guy was f* crazy i can say that.  but, who he was.. I'll never
know.

yah.. i did point out all of this while we were eating dinner.. stuff about
setup on irc, following me from work, event at building so he could have walked
in off the street etc.

AGAIN to some technical content ;-)

if you look at glibc, you'll notice in alot of places it does stuff like
this -->

{
	static int buflen

	if (buflen == 0)

now.. this is true for _unix_ (static will be in bss which is required to
be zero'd).  but not in terms of C directly, which states that its simply
undefined if not initialized.

there's alot of this style of unix coding about in software.. which makes the
assumption that since its global or static, then it'll be zero.

must suck to port :)

--
Silvio