From: zan at stargeek.com (zan)
Subject: Re: what's to come chapter 1.

gobbles@...h.com wrote:

>>another daily dose of zan, the previous mailing was the pro-lou
>>gue: this
>>is chapter 1: History and beyond.
>>

>More ramble.

yes, yes it is.

>>        FUD abounded in the security industry, "i can break an
>>y network
>>in the world" was the call from dilluded                 sellou
>>ts (to
>>congress). millionares were made out of whitehats, preying on t
>>his fear
>>and gathering thier tools         from the "scene"
>>

>I can can't you?  Network insecure not FUD - reality.  Jealous that some cashed in?  I am.

statements like these were over simplified, and generally engineered for
ultimate FUD factor, to generate nervious-ness, revenue etc.

but no, i'm not much of a hacker so i can't actually.

>>        the whitehats have bred a new culture of hackers to be
>>live that
>>the real hack ethic is one of "information                freed
>>om" and
>>while yes this is true, this does not translate into "give us y
>>our codez"
>>

>Information should be free.  Hacking is information.  Hacking not illegal.

hacking is a verb, information is a noun. if i break a system and
uncover information best made public on it... *then* i will liberate it.

>>-Until The Crystal Cracked-
>>        dot-boom; everything came crashing down, thoose eyebal
>>ls
>>

>Unless you sell-out dot-bomb effect nothing

that's my point.

>>        the hackers began to wake up, look around themselves a
>>nd see
>>the cesspool of greed, treachery and lies that         surround
>>ed them
>>and corrupted thier ideals, no longer would they be animals of
>>pack.
>>

>look around themselves see missed boat-missed opportunity.

its debateable, are you saying this is the motivation for the PHC
whitehat h8 effect and its pr0j3ct m4yh3m activities?

>>-Cheat death again-
>>        d34dh1tl3r <-RIP
>>

>Good riddance

... elaborate?