From: silvio at big.net.au (silvio@....net.au)
Subject: THREATCON --> Re: scriptkids on this list

THREATCON ADVISORY 1.21 --> "b4ck t0 th3 futur3"

Be w4rned. this advisory requires 1.21 jiggyflopz of electricity to
get you back to 1996.

-->

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 02:06:56PM +0200, Mikhail Iakovlev wrote:

> Can you? Doubt it.
> You should perhaps install somewhere slackware 3.0 and use old
> mount/umount exploit for learning, than you can accuse others of

ok.. please go to my analysis at the end of this AdViZoRRy.

> incompentense if you wish. However, since it will take you a _long_ time
> to get to that level - here is what will happen:
> 1. You do as I described, and in process you finally get self-confidence
> and won't even bother to react on accusation. Because you would know what
> you are worth.
> 2. You are lazy, and you would continue to accuse other people in attempt
> to cover your incompentense.
>
> Choice is yours, and we all will see how it goes:)

ok captain!

> If we see your reactions still, it means simply that you are lazy bastard,
> and you're not even worth our attention.
> As simple as that.

yep!

> Cheers,
>
> Mik-

back to 1996 -->
this is util-linux-2.5

      case 't':                 /* specify file system types */
        types = parse_list (optarg);
        break;

string_list
parse_list (char *strings)
{
  string_list list;
  char *t;

  if (strings == NULL)
    return NULL;

  list = cons (strtok (strings, ","), NULL);

  while ((t = strtok (NULL, ",")) != NULL)
    list = cons (t, list);

  return list;

}

leaving 1996 for a minute, and going "b4ck 2 th3 futur3" -->

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 7.0 (Guinness)

$ mount -V
mount: mount-2.10m