From: johnpf at atnet.net.au (John)
Subject: Do Terrorists Really Have More Fun?

silvio@....net.au wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 03:38:31PM +1000, John wrote:
>

>>sockz loves you wrote:
>>

>>>hmm...  how is this known?  has richard or yourself ever met a terrorist?  are you yourself a terrorist?  i question the basis for
>>>the writer's judgement here.
>>>

>>Sockz, you are so right here. I find it very hard to fit Nelson Mandela,
>>Steven Beeko, Arial Sharon, Yassur Arafat, George Dubya Jnr or Carlos in
>>the model being put forward by our gobbling friend.
>>
>>Actually, George Dubya Jnr probably does fit that model the more I think
>>of it...
>>
>>JPF
>>

>[ disclaimer.. i'm a hobbiest commentator as all healthy <terrorist [hating]>
>  people should be, so excuse the inaccuracies please ]
>
>was the independance of india a continual terrorist act with an attempt to
>cause political change - possibly by "inciting" violent reactions from
>the prevailing leadership?
>

><snip>
>

>back to something relating to your post ;-)
>
>in terms of nelson mandela. that guy was in jail for how long? indeed he was a
>terrorist.  south africa didn't play cricket in australia for a long
>time though because of the entire "black" thing.  i think many
>terrorists were arrested during wonderful apartie (sp?) :(
>
>arial sharon?  that guy is not in jail, and has the support of the .us, so
>indeed he cannot be a terrorist.  ignore the fact that the un and various
>ngo's are a "tad suspicious" of certain events surrounding the
>entire palestine/israel conflict.

Don't forget the Palestinian Refugee camps in Beirut. The only condition
the 'Powers' (France, UK and US as I recall) put on Sharon was to keep
the Falangists (sp?) out of the camps.
Sharon put them in cahrge of 'security' in the camps. Figures vary as to
how many children women and old people died that day, but it was
certainly in excess of 10k.

If Bin Laden is a terrorist for organising that abominable act last
year, then Sharon is for inviting the Falangists (sp?) in.

Nice to see a balanced response to my post which did verge on flamebait.

JPF