From: guninski at guninski.com (Georgi Guninski)
Subject: Netscape Problems.

zen-parse wrote:

> In case people haven't noticed yet, Open Source is not more secure.

I disagree with this conclusion.

Can you please give more details how you concluded this based on your post.

In no particular order, here are some thoughts.

1. You mention several mozilla bugs, most (all?) of which are fixed. Are you
aware of the amount of internet exploder bugs?

2. I can understand you are angry at Netscape, but please don't mix corporate
emotions with open source. From personal experience, several years ago, I
managed to cash all of the *reproducible exploits* bounty claims against
netscape products. Are you sure your claims are *reproducible exploits*?

3. From the email headers of your post, I am inclined to think that you are
using *open source* email client and smtp server - probably linux.
Am I wrong? If not, why have you chosen open source email solution and not
windoze, e.g.?

4. How can one be sure there are no bugs in closed source involving magic
numbers like 536870912 (from your post)?
Can one tell if closed source is not backdoored?
Do you trust m$'s tru$tworthy computing so much? Do you use it at all?

Georgi Guninski