From: security at updegrove.net (Rick Updegrove)
Subject: OT Reporting possible abuse without actual proof?

This is probably pretty off-topic, sorry, but I figure it is worth
mentioning.

Has anyone seen this site?  widescreenplasma.com

They claim to have blowout prices on plasma TVs.  However, because they seem
"to good to be true", i.e. a $4,999 TV for $999 so I was somewhat skeptical.
However, I figured the quality would be poor.  So, I got the model number
and I went to a local retailer and looked at it.  The thing looked great...

So, excited I went home to look again at the order page but this time it
said in big, uppercase red letters at the top "DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER
DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER DANGER WIDESCREENPLASMA.COM IS A FRONT
FOR A FRAUD".  I think it was an image.  I didn't save it unfortunately.

So later on the same day I decided to show my room-mate how I almost got
ripped off buying something on the Internet but when I went back there just
now to show him, the banner with the red uppercase letters is gone!

Although the site is a little low budget and fairly convincing, I still
don't believe the site is real, and I think it should probably be reported
to someone.  However, I don't actually have any proof of any wrongdoing.  As
of right now, I haven't reported it anywhere but here.

Any thoughts?  I mean If I am wrong, I don't want to publish lible about, or
spread slander about anyone.

Rick Updegrove