From: fx at phenoelit.de (FX)
Subject: DMCA & Source Tree Abuse

> ----- Forwarded message from Jack Ahz <anoncoder@...oo.com> -----
> The latest striking example is this Phrack article entitled "Burning the
> bridge: Cisco IOS exploits" by the german hacker FX. While the author makes
> several bold claims that he relied purely on the powers of the Force to reverse
> engineer IOS internals, it is quite apparent that the coincidence that IOS 11.3
> is the only
> known version to have leaked widely to the computer underground and IOS 11.3 is
> the only version his exploit works on is slim indeed! I'm sure he figured out
> malloc chunk fields such as 'Last deallocation address' purely on his own, just
> by tinkering around on the serial line.

AFAIK, the code that leaked is 11.2. At least, that's what ppl offer.
The information (funny: especially the "Last deallocation address") were taken
from PPT shows known as "Networker" off the public cisco.com site.

And the simple reason for knowing 11.3 best: Got a 11.3 box here and 12.0 is
not vulnerable.

cheers
FX

--