From: bcrocket at texas.net (Bob Crockett)
Subject: Naviant call home

Sir:

Perhaps _you_ are the person I need to chat with.
I have been inundated with spam for several months.
Sometimes I have 10 or 12 unwanted messages for _one_
desired message!  I know I am not alone in this
problem, but it really annoys me.

As I stated in my original message to the full
disclosure list, I found your dialer in my "network and
dial-up connections" folder while installing a new
network connection.  Since I knew that I had not set
that connection up, I was most highly annoyed.  Sir, it
is still _my_ computer!  I built it, I own it, and I do
_not_ wish for you or anyone else to use it for any
purpose without my knowledge and consent.

Since I do not frequently inspect my "network, etc"
folder, I have no idea how long your dialer has been
resident in my computer.  It follows, then, that I have
no idea what product registration your dialer might
have been associated with.  Also, I have no idea how
often, or how many times your dialer has "called home",
what information was collected from what areas of my
computer, or what you may have done with it!  Further,
there is no telling how many other such dialers you
have planted in how many computers, or what you are
doing with _their_ owners' data.  (and, need I add,
without their knowledge or consent.)  Seems to me that
you have produced a very sneaky piece of spyware, which
you surely know will not be discovered by most users.
Is this the type of behavior the computer using
population of the world can expect from
Naviant/Experian?  I hope not, sir, but my hopes for a
better world are often unmet.  It seems that no matter
how cynical I get, I just can't keep up!

Sincerely,

Bob Crockett