From: guninski at guninski.com (Georgi Guninski)
Subject: RE: TRACE used to increase the dangerous of
 XSS.

Richard M. Smith wrote:
> Okay it's not a bug, it's a feature.  ;-)  All I know is that Microsoft
> and Netscape are going to need to release new versions of XMLHTTP that
> either disallow the TRACE command altogether or strip cookie values and
> authen. info from TRACE results.  I personally vote for removing TRACE
> support in XMLHTTP.
>
> Richard

Richard, what are you smoking?
Last time I checked, Mozilla does not allow connecting with XMLHTTP to other
sites. So removing TRACE method because of other bugs is quite silly.
On page 7 of the original paper is clearly explained that in order this attack
to be possible there should be another bug.

Last time I checked, bugs which allow this attack, also allow taking over
internet exploder completely. So why don't just download the user's hard drive
and sort the cookies from the porn?

Georgi Guninski
http://www.guninski.com