From: rms at computerbytesman.com (Richard M. Smith)
Subject: RE: Origin of the term "driveby download"

A few quick points:

  1.  I got hit by a Gator driveby download at a programmer's
      Web site in a banner ad.  My daughter got hit at a
      Web site with biographies.  Mistyped domain names
      are another source of the problem.  We both know to
      say "no" however.  Other people apparently don't know
      any better.  Kids are a great example.  I suspect
      many parents don't understand the issues other.

  2.  The the Melissa, ILOVEYOU, and countless other email
      worms have proven that security dialogs aren't an
      infective mechanism to prevent people running malicious
      software.

Richard