From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: AW: GROUP CONSIDERING SUIT AGAINST MICROSOFT
 OV ER SLAMMER VIRUS

M$ had a patch out for 6+ months.  And the advisory out for that period of
time hinted strongly at port 1434 being an issue to be dealt with.  Sounds
like the bases might have been covered by this vendor, though 3rd party SW
warnings might not have been strong enough.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 vogt@...senet.com wrote:

> > While I'm in favor of holding manufactures responsible, did
> > they not issue a
> > recall and a solution?  While I'm on the subject, is any1
> > else annoyed with
> > RH 8.0?
>
> Actually, the point of this korean group is that NO effective
> recall was made, and no acceptable solution offered. When
> you make cars that blow up spontaneously, posting "oops" and
> "please don't turn right with our model ABC" to your website
> may not be enough.
>

> I'm not a windows user, so I can't tell who is right, but if
> you call someone a troll, at least try to know what you're
> talking about first.
>
> These guys do seem to have a point, and a kind of "minimum
> requirements" for how and when to offer security updates may
> not be the worst thing to happen.

> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
> Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.