From: hellnbak at nmrc.org (hellNbak)
Subject: ./makeunicode2.py release announcement

Umm, if you look at the name of the event - "Black Hat Windows Security
2003" that might give you a hint as to why there are MS people speaking at
it.

Lets see who from MS is speaking;

Scott Culp - Keynote
Timothy Bollefer & Steve Riley - OpenHack IV
Michael Howard & David Leblanc - Writing Secure Code
Michael Muckin - IIS 6.0
Steve Riley - Wireless

So out of what 30 speakers there are 5 speakers from Microsoft.  Whats
wrong with that?  The topics are relavent and it is a good opportunity to
see if they have actually made any progress in security.

We all bitch and complain about MS and their lack of security but some of
us are too immature to give them a chance to improve.  Yes, Georgi that
means you.

Are you bitter that your talk did not get accepted?  Or are you really
that blind by your apparent hatred towards a specific vendor.  Ever heard
of giving people a chance?  Yes, slap them silly when they fuck up (we all
do) but any step to improvement is a good one and in my opinion it is a
good thing to see MS people speaking at Blackhat on technical topics.

Shit, I haven't heard Culp call anyone a terrorist lately......

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Georgi Guninski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A nice tool you have written.
> I am surprised by the speakers listed on the above url - too much m$ people,
> have it something to do with the fact that m$ are listed as the first sponsor?
> This blackhat thing looks like a honeypot a little.
> Or like a meeting of nuns and hookers to discuss sex.
>
> Georgi

PS - You still on contract with AOL/Netscape?  How is that working out for
you?

"I don't intend to offend, I offend with my intent"

hellNbak@...c.org
http://www.nmrc.org/~hellnbak