From: shrdlu at deaddrop.org (Etaoin Shrdlu)
Subject: [RHSA-2003:088-01] New kernel 2.2 packages fix
 vulnerabilities

Alexander Bartolich wrote:

> John.Airey@...b.org.uk wrote:
> > [...] I choose other distro's that doesn't expire their products as soon
> as the
> > next best thing has arrived.
> > [...] I have a Solaris 2.6 box (even if 9 is out already, and can be
> downloaded
> > for free for that matter) just because it is not possible to upgrade those
> machines.
>
> http://www.sun.com.au/support/eosl/
>
> Bad example. Regular Support for 2.6 ended 7/2002.

Sure, but you can still get patches for it. In fact, Sun is still issuing
patches for 2.5.1, and as my memory serves, that came out in 95 or 96.

http://sunsolve.Sun.COM/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patchpage

Jeeze, they only stopped supporting SunOS a couple of years ago (and I
still have the last full set of patches for 4.1.4). End of regular support
is not the same as end of life (which happened to solaris 2.4 a while
back). Red Hat is out of line (but then I only use Slackware, so what do I
care).

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
Time to die.		 Roy Batty, Blade Runner