From: tss at iki.fi (Timo Sirainen)
Subject: sendmail vunerability?

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 14:55, nag wrote:
> there is some rumor spreading about new sendmail vulnerability. i do not see
> any news at www.sendmail.org but supposedly ths is remote buffer overflow.
> i received the patch (see below), but o not have any exploit, so please
> don't mail me about it.
>
> does this look legitimate? any comments? is this something old? is
> this some scam backdoor?

Assuming the address can contain high-ascii characters and it can be
more than twice as long as pvpbsize, this is exploitable. I don't know
if those conditions are prevented anywhere. Pretty interesting hole
anyway, took a while to figure it out.

Another problem may be that it calls isspace() and isascii() for
negative values. Some systems don't like that.