From: BlueBoar at thievco.com (Blue Boar)
Subject: RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

Thomas Sj?gren wrote:
> Well, if the goverment gave them money, why not?
> This isn't about the DARPA, OpenBSD or free speech. It's about
> sponsorsip.

Do people really not see a difference when you're talking about the
government, and not some individual or company?

> If you like a guy/project/whatever you give them money, if they tell you
> to fsck off you don't.

I have.  You'll find my name in the OpenBSD CD inserts as a contributor
(albeit minor dollar amounts).  I have my own opinion of Theo's
communication skills and politics, but that really doesn't matter.  As long
as he produces OpenBSD, that's why I gave him the money.  I don't care what
he might say about me, if he keeps working on OpenBSD as he has been, then
he can have more in the future, too.

If you refuse to use security tools from people you don't like personally,
then you're going to miss out on a lot of good stuff.

					BB