From: GGolomb at enterasys.com (Golomb, Gary)
Subject: Break-in discovery and forensics tools

> I've been tasked with putting together a CD of tools that can be used
> for analysis of hacked machines.  These would be both tools that can
> determine if a program is trojaned or a file has been altered as well
as
> tools that could be used to save forensics data for possible
> prosecution.

Talikser's network security tools website
(http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/index.htm) has a list of such tools.

A list of 30-40 individual forensic-specific tools (or close to it) for
Windows and Unix can be found at:
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/fortools.htm

Complete toolkits (bootable and otherwise) are at:
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/fortoolkits.htm

If any have been left off, let me know!

-gary