From: tbird at precision-guesswork.com (Tina Bird)
Subject: admissability of logs in court

Okay, after having discussed this issue on the Log Analysis mailing list
(with pointers previously pointed), here's the extremely brief summary I
wrote to Firewall-Wizards this January.  Technical issues notwithstanding,
unless you can demonstrate that tampering has occured, logs are as
admissable as testimony from a witness (see the reference cited below):