From: jasonc at science.org (Jason Coombs)
Subject: RE: power, corruption and lies

> This has effectively doomed (almost) the entire IT industry
> to corruption. Yes, all the way from software to hardware,
> from sales to support, the IT industry is corrupt.

You've got a keen insight into the IT industry, Steve.

The really nice thing about this is that all these corrupt people really get
excited about filing lawsuits against each other when their interests get
threatened or when they think they can spread some blame and force somebody
else to assume their bad risks and absurd decisions.

This makes for an extremely well-paid computer forensics expert witness
business that can be populated by real experts who understand the true nature
of this business.

You CAN get paid for refusing to be involved in the massive fraud that the IT
business became in the 1990's... You simply have to know what type of work to
get involved in. Maybe the market for IT products and services will undergo a
real shakeout of its entrenched criminal element over the next couple of years
and honesty can gain a bit of a foothold. My sense is that the Internet bubble
in the stock markets actually removed a number of the perpetuators of the
worst offenses by making them so wealthy that they simply retired from the
business.

Sincerely,

Jason Coombs
jasonc@...ence.org