From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: Robert S Johnson is out of the office.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 17:10:15 PDT, Thomas Cannon <tcannon@...ps.org>  said:

> > communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
> > communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
> > the message, and please delete it  from your system. Thank you.  NYSE.
>
> I really dig the "please notify the sender immediately by replying to the
> message" part. Shame we're all not required by law to do so.

I'd quite happily delete it from my system - if they're willing to pay for
the admin time needed to track it down on our mailserver, trace down which
backup tapes it might be on if it got backed up before I pop'ed the mail
down to my laptop, and rebuild the tapes with the problem file excluded.

Of *course* they want us to erase them from the backups too - failure to
do so was what got Ollie North convicted. ;)  And we're talking about
a mail system that handles millions of msgs/day - takes a while to ensure
that there are *no* copies anywhere.

I smell a new profit center.. ;)