From: John.Airey at rnib.org.uk (John.Airey@...b.org.uk)
Subject: MSN Webcam / Chat Spoof

Because Thawte don't have the hardware capabilities to do this. I'd asked
them this before and they told me it would be too difficult to set this up.
Even if they did, imagine how much network traffic would be required for
verifying every certificate worldwide?

PKI as it is set up at the moment is as useful as the British MOT test. All
it says is that on a given day your identity (or car) was satisfactorily
inspected. The other 364 (or 365) days anything could happen.

-
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 John.Airey@...b.org.uk

Appeasement is the policy of being nice to a crocodile in the hope that he
will eat you last. (Winston Churchill)