From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Schmehl, Paul L)
Subject: About spamb strange characters

I'll tell you how we "solved" one of the problems.  We were getting
almost daily form letter complaints from something called
"myNetwatchman".  Most of them were "RESEARCH PENDING" or complaints
about KaZaA and other P2P apps which we can do nothing about.  I emailed
them three separate times to three different addresses (all cc'd on each
message) asking them to please send us useful information *only* or we
would route their mail to /dev/null.

Guess where their mail goes now...

The biggest scourge on the planet for security types right now is those
damn home firewalls that send auto complaints with useless information.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member