From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: kak removal

> btw nick.. this http://www.claymania.com/kak-removal.html still
> leaves an infection.. you forgot to start in safe mode.

As I'm clearly nowhere as "profressional" as you, perhaps you would
like to explain the precise sequence of events and infection scenario
that leaves a machine infected with Kak after following those
disinfection steps?

This really intrigues me as Kak has no resident components, does not
cause any of its files to be held open, nor takes any steps of any
complexity to evade simple manual removal.  Thus it is impossible for
Kak to survive the removal process described at that URL, as
innumerable tests of my own and many others have shown, and as is
evidenced by the hundreds of ordinary, and often quite "system
naive", computer users who have followed those steps and entirely
removed Kak from their machines.

Perhaps you, as the self-styled consummate "profressional", could
explain why starting in safe mode is necessary?  I would greatly
appreciate the chance to understand the fundamental error you say I
have made.  Further, to learn of this from such a great and respected
master "profressional" as yourself would be immeasurably valuable to
me and my future work in this field, where my efforts to date
obviously must seem as a speck of sawdust to the mote of your own
valuable contributions...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald