From: cozancin at symantec.com (Craig Ozancin)
Subject: public comment period for the Draft Security Vulnerability Reporting and
 Responding Process (OISAFETY)

The Organization for Internet Safety is pleased to announce the
beginning of the public comment period for the Draft Security
Vulnerability Reporting and Responding Process.  This draft process is
the result of a lengthy collaboration between leading security
researchers and  software vendors.  We have worked hard to develop a
process that addresses the needs of both security researchers and
software vendors, and provides a framework for achieving our shared
objective of improving security for computer users, the Internet, and
the critical infrastructures that depend on it.  We welcome your
comments on the draft. Please read the draft and find instructions on
submitting comments at http://www.oisafety.org/.

The period for comments will close on 7 July, 2003.  The final process
document will be released at the Black Hat Briefings (www.blackhat.com)
in Las Vegas from 28-30 July, 2003.