From: eddie at lucifuge.freeserve.co.uk (eddie)
Subject: [OFFTOPIC] Zone Alarm

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003, Ben Tyson-Norrman wrote:

> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 18:11:07 +0100
> From: Ben Tyson-Norrman <ben@...waytv.co.uk>
> To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
> Subject: RE: [Full-Disclosure] [OFFTOPIC] Zone Alarm
>
> As I started this one - can I put a stop to it...
>
> What was it I read the other day, if you call someone a Nazi then officially
> that's the end of the thread...
>
> Okay I'm going to call me, ben@...waytv.co.uk, erstwhile postee in html,
> user of Windows 2000 (and BSD and Linux and Solaris, before you start),
> sending email via Exchange which attaches a crappy disclaimer - a complete
> and utter Nazi....

Ahhh, you refer to Godwins Law, (Godwin's Rule) Any off-topic mention of Hitler
or Nazis will bring the thread it is mentioned in to an irrelevant and
off-topic end very soon; every thread on UseNet has a constantly-increasing
probability to contain such a mention.

However, Quirk's Exception: Intentional invocation of this so-called
"Nazi Clause" is ineffectual. (net.legends faq)

And so this worthless thread continues...

Eddie