From: se_cur_ity at hotmail.com (morning_wood)
Subject: Re: "grammar"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin@...-kc.com>
To: "morning_wood" <se_cur_ity@...mail.com>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 6:14 PM
Subject: "grammar"

Hi

I have never heard 0day or 0sec used the way others/you seem to use it on
Full Disclosure.. just the "traditional" use of the words. Damn, I seem to
be in a "quoting" mood, excuse me ;-)

If you have a second, mind explaining it used in that way? used on
full-disclosure etc "writing 0sec" == "writing about a security hole that
has never been reported before" I guess? I.e. "0sec vulnerabilities" or
something?

------------------

the way i see 0day / 0sec

days of yore 0day was the release to the underground community an exploit,
unknown to the general public or vendors.
good for hackers bad for security

I propose 0day now to be:

 a release of disclosure of a vunerability by the original discover of said
vuln, WITHOUT underground disclosure
but to the general internet public at large.
good for security

this is my proposed basis of 0day list -

it will give the outlet not provided elsewhere, as a individual effort, and
as a whole, everybody wins...
0day Discovers - its real, its now, fix it
0day Vendors - you do not want to be on the 0day list as reported by 0day
Discovere
0day forces security issues now, today ie: Vendors release good code and
apps
interested?

0day@...loitlabs.com

Donnie Werner