From: sockz at email.com (sockz loves you)
Subject: Re: USDOJ BRAINWASHING TECHNIQUES

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klaw" <klaw@...os.net>
Date: 11 Jun 2003 14:21:05 -0300
To: full-disclosure@...ts.netsys.com
Subject: [Full-Disclosure] Re: USDOJ BRAINWASHING TECHNIQUES

> About the topic, that?s very funny that none of the "DOJ?s defensors" (it?s
> in quotes couse what i want to mean is the ppl that is defending the way USA
> Gov thinks) talked about what fbi and cia does, hacking into everybodys
> accounts. Secondly, how come you say that:
>
> "Kidnapping is illegal, but apprehending criminals and putting them in jail
> is not repellent."
>
> What about a President killing milions of inocent ppl claiming that?s becouse
> they have chemical weapon in theier country when 75% of the rest of world was
> claiming him not to do it ? Criminal depends on the point of view!!! How come
> the DOJ?s say:

i agree entirely.  when hackers start to kill millions of people, maybe THEN
can we turn around and say "okay, its illegal".  the governments of our nations
commit far worse crimes on a daily basis than we do as citizens.  citizens who
are concerned about their civil rights, or are naturally curious about the
world around them.  this is why hacking should be decriminalised.  its a white
collar crime that wouldn't even be an issue if it weren't for corporations
whining about losing money.  okay sure, there have been a few major digital
protests in the past, but how are these different from real life demonstrations?
is not resistance, freedom of information, and activism a fundamental right of
being human?  this is no more the DOJ's world than it is my world, so why should
there be a different set of rules for Government and People?

> I, personally, don?t think it has a solution, but, trying to justify what is
> "unjustfiable" is worthless.

exactly

oh and darren, no i wasn't joking about encouraging the young hacker to develop
his skills.  its a legitimate option.

enuff from me now ;\