From: len at netsys.com (Len Rose)
Subject: Administrivia: Poll Null and Void

Since I won't spend the time to pursue seperating the
ballot stuffing from legitimate votes (which are all
logged to an sql database) that has just occured in the last
2 hours I'll simply cancel the poll for now.

Labeling disruptive noise as exercising freedom of
speech is an incorrect analogy. The list is about
Full Disclosure, and security related issues. The list
charter has made that clear enough. Those who may disagree
with this should read that document again to see what it
stipulates.

I tried to let the list members themselves decide, which
at the time seemed like a really fair way to handle this
issue. It's amusing that no one seemed to notice that we
were not imposing moderation ourselves, but permitting
the list members themselves to decide the issue.

This was working well until about 2 hours ago, at which
time it was roughly 65% in favour of moderating the person
in question with about 1200 people voting.

Anyone who wants to see their noise saturate the list
please take heed of the charter, this is probably the
last thing I'll say about this issue.

Len