From: pauls at utdallas.edu (Schmehl, Paul L)
Subject: Administrivia: Poll

While I fully agree with your sentiments (articulated below) and I
personally am not having a problem with anyone's posts, I *do* think
that the *purpose* of this list is full *disclosure*, which refers to
the posting of and discussion of security vulnerabilities.  ISTM
therefore that anything *other* than that would be off topic for this
list.  While many lists that I subscribe to can divert into off topic
discussions, they are usually killed relatively quickly by a moderator.

My suggestion to Len et al would be to allow unmoderated discussion of
security vulnerabilities and security-related issues and to moderate
everything else.  I personally don't see the point in discussing various
cultural tendencies or the political possibilities of various countries.
This is, after all, an international list, and those discussions will
impact a small minority of the posters.

IOW, make the list what it was intended to be; full *disclosure*, not
full *discussion*.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@...allas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas