From: ben at lanwest.com.au (Benjamin Meade)
Subject: is there a new virus?

Got his from Sans this morning.

--New Trojan Spreading
(10/13 June 2003)
Researchers believe a new, "third-generation Trojan horse" program is
infecting machines on the Internet.  While the details of the Trojan's
actions are not complete, what is known is that it scans random IP
addresses and probes with a TCP SYN request with window size of 55808.
It can also spoof the IP addresses of the packets it sends.  It is
capable of scanning 90% of the Internet's IP addresses in a 24-hour
period. http://www.eweek.com/print_article/0,3668,a=43352,00.asp
http://www.gcn.com/cgi-bin/udt/im.display.printable?client.id=gcndaily2&
story.id=22371

Maybe whats going on. My firewall logs are getting filled up as well.

Benjamin Meade
System Administrator
LanWest Pty Ltd