From: rms at computerbytesman.com (Richard M. Smith)
Subject: A worm...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the background info.  Because of the password issue, any
security protections for .ZIP files need to be built into a unzipper
program.  As a minimum, Microsoft needs to put a warning dialog in the
Windows unzipper when double-clicking on an executable file in a .ZIP
file that comes attached to an email message.  Better yet, don't allow
.ZIP files to be opened from an email message.  Force people to save
them first.  Netscape had this second basic protection scheme in
Communicator years ago.

Richard