From: lists at nolog.org (Martin Peikert)
Subject: Re: Fwd: xbl vulnerabilty

Hello,

martin f krafft wrote:
> If you don't give us a name, we can't credit you. We will not say
> that "mysterious auto94042@...hmail.com found that..."

there was a discussion on pen-test about anonymity, so I won't start
that here again. But maybe some of the arguments mentioned there are
necessary to change your mind. I cannot see what the hell you need a
"name" for.

> Sorry, anonymity only has a certain degree of utility.

Some arguments from the discussion (not a quote):
  rfp, mudge, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr - are that names you would
  accept? How do you decide that a name or mail adress is fake -
  would a post from "Fook Yoo" be allowed? If it was
  fyoo@...mail.com, Fook_Yoo@...com?

So, IMHO at least you could tell the people that auto94042@...hmail.com
found that vulnerability - it's *the author's* choice to give his real
name, a name  - do you think you can proof that? - or simply nothing.
You _do have_ the email adress.

GTi