From: list.fulldisclosure at webscreen-technology.com (Gareth Blades)
Subject: Attack profiling tool?

Our product detected the attack as a 'connectio flood' which is basically
where you open up lots of connections to a server and leave them idle. This
causes the server to have lots of open connections so that it reaches its
maximum connection limit and therefore nobody else can access the site
resulting in denial of service.

A common tool for this is called naptha but what we are seeing is not
consistant with this tool because as soon as the connection limit is reached
all the connections are then closed. Naptha would keep them all open and
regularly keep trying to open new ones.

Our product monitors the connections to the site and when it begins to reach
its limit denies new connections from clients which have more connections
open than they should/normally would.