From: yossarian at planet.nl (yossarian)
Subject: Microsoft wins Homeland Security Bid ( Reuters)

The point I am missing here - we might not like M$ to have won, but who else
could? It is a government, so think big companies. Would you rather it was
Symantec or IBM? Or think about the big systems integrators EDS and CSC
style <yuk> would that be much better? Smaller players like Veridian or
Secureinfo - would we be served any better if they could actually make
themselves credible? Nah, don't think so - it was bound to be a big one. Big
organisations want big suppliers....

And think again, elections are coming up and funding is needed.

Of the companies I named, IMHO most would be worse than M$, so let's just
forget about the general dislike of Outlook and ActiveX and be realistic.
There is a wunderfull saying in dutch that roughly translates to "the devil
allways dumps on the big heap". And we all know that big heaps tend to smell
funny.

yossarian