From: se_cur_ity at hotmail.com (morning_wood)
Subject: Odd Behavior - Windows Messenger Service

> Exactly my point from my posting on this issue last week and this is why
that payroll machine was open to inspection when it >should not have been.
XP allows you to have a standard system come up to a Welcome page and sit
there waiting for you to >click on an icon and provide a password if that
is how you choose to logon to your own machin locally. However, as an
example, >if you are just a user/abuser who works with a machine not on the
machine and come in, turn your local machine on and then walk >away while
it is booting to get your morning coffee and come back then click an icon
and provide a password, if the machine is >fast enough, it is sitting at
that welcome prompt allowing others on the local LAN at the very least,
access to whatever programs >and files you have on it in a standard XP home
or Pro issue. Yes, it should be set up better but I think that, by now, we
all know >of the companies cutting corners who have an employee "who knows
about computers" who can set up a l!

you now make 3 people who see the reason of my post, and I recocognize your
issue as well as you past post is the same
issue. I makes me very happy to see that at least .1% of this list agrees
exactly to my point. Bravo

thank you for presenting a great response that drives the nail in the wood,
so to speak

Donnie Werner
morning_wood@...loitlabs.com
http://exploitlabs.com    "ohh... hunny, im home"