From: steve at videogroup.com (Steve)
Subject: Credit card numbers

> > Nick Jacobsen wrote:
> > > Perhaps it is just my imagination here, and I do realize this is an
> > > unmoderated list, but this seems to be a more than unacceptable
> > > email. This is a professional list - would you go up to someone at a

Haha, this a professional list! : ) Too funny!!

We'd like it to be... But we all know running a unmoderated list will NEVER
result in a professional list however hard we try. Same as why we have
police. A few individuals think they cannot be valuable to society, or some
such. Next thing we hire people to keep them in check, and off it goes
until we all suffer for the few. Why would this be different?

The idea is right - having a list where all security announcements can be
made. However one have to have the time and ability, and be willing, to
stop non security related posts. Not too hard, but many thinks it cannot be
done.

All you need is the ability to differentiate. (In the end if you're not sure
you could just post it. Then if it runs away into some BS stop it.)

It can still be full disclosure as far as security goes. ALL security
related mail is posted, simple. Name calling is not security related so it
goes to /dev/null.