From: steve at videogroup.com (Steve)
Subject: Immature blabla / cisco exploit

?!?

Hmm. So we have some dislikes about how the list is run. Though I did say:
"Accoding to Len they should have received a warning and be on, if not
already done, a ban list shortly. We'll see..."

Which reflected my doubts about it being done, however since I'm on the CC -
I'm not endorsing insulting flame wars. On either side!

We have subscribed to a list which contains a very high noise ratio. We can
unsubscribe, but the reality is that we don't want to miss something
important so we stick to it. This means the responsibility level has gone
up. For both us and you! Even though this is a volunteer run list, you have
created something which more people depend on.

Seing this kind of exchange on the behalf of the list owners does not match
the higher moral ground you need to hold to keep our respect. As that
respect goes down the noise ratio will go up and to that degree the list
will be in decline.

Some people wants nothing more than for the list to fail, others are very
fed up with childish like noise. Myself I've stated that you can be full
disclosure of security issues and still moderate out these very disrelated
posts as they clearly have nothing to do with security. It requires time
and the ability to tell what is security related and not.

Failing that you really need to make good on keeping the noise down.

If you cannot uphold a higher standard subscribers will move towards a
free-for-all. And that will be that.

Please realize that a very high percentage would move to a similar list in a
heart beat if they thought it was run tighter.