From: Bojan.Zdrnja at LSS.hr (Bojan Zdrnja)
Subject: Advances in Spamming Techniques

Yep, this is a known technique they try to use to defeat anti-spam measures.

In most cases they make HTML e-mails (is one solution to completely ban HTML
e-mails?) with for example white background then put their spam text at the
beginning and then anti-spam paragraphs at the bottom of the e-mail, but in
white color.

On the screen you won't see those paragraphs at all as they are white on
white, but that doesn't make any difference to anti-spam tool.

Also, a lot of spam e-mails I've been getting lately just have an img src
pointer in HTML which actually shows complete spam as one picture. This can
be defeated by denying outbound HTTP connections to MUA.

Regards,

Bojan Zdrnja