From: marc at eeye.com (Marc Maiffret)
Subject: DCOM RPC exploit  (dcom.c)

Most of the mail I have been reading on this list is rather incorrect. All
this talk about hard coded offsets to specific OS patch levels is very old
school. A worm wouldn't need to determine (brute force) what offset to use
on the remote system or any of that sort of archaic technique, were past the
"Tao of Windows overflows" aren't we? :-o There are plenty of tricks to make
this exploit happen 99.99999% of the time. I'm sure someone will drop an
exploit that doesn't suck soon. The LSD guys paper even covers some of these
tricks so go read.

Also saw someone make a comment about reading the remote registry to make
your exploit more accurate. That's not only totally inaccurate (you don't
have permission to) but even more so very much overkill as you don't need to
know the remote OS level to make your exploit work 99.99999%.

all of your Blackhat/Defcon tequila are belong to us.

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eEye Digital Security